Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Waiting on the world to change

Since I've been here I've had to wait 2 hours for my food to be delivered, an extra week for the tailor to finish my salwar kameez suit, quite a few weeks for the travel agent to book my flights & hotels for southern india.....and the list goes on and on. Especially after I got frustrated with the travel agent taking her time, I talked to Blanche (the woman I'm staying with) about it. She said that these people know the power that they have over you. They want you to know that they have power over you. You need them in order to get whatever you need done. So they keep you waiting, and waiting and waiting. We all know that a restaurant two blocks down from where you live shouldn't take 2 hours for the food to arrive on a weekday night. But the restaurant also knows that you want your food and you will wait those 2 hours because you want it so badly. *sigh* It gets rather frustrating to wait. John Mayer might have been talking about the world needing to change, but he certainly was right in saying that we're waiting for things to change....whether we're waiting for oil prices to go down or for your oily food to arrive to your apartment.

No comments: