Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...."

The time is finally here!! Hopefully my Dad and Hollis have arrived safely into Mumbai and have made their way to the hotel. Tomorrow morning, I'll be picking them up and we'll be off on a day trip around Mumbai. I'm going to be showing them downtown (Gateway of India, Taj Mahal Hotel, Queen's Necklace, Flora Fountain.....all the landmarks of the historic Mumbai) then we'll do some shopping for Indian clothes and a nice lunch and dinner. Then Friday we're off to Chennai! For the next 10 days after that, we'll be traveling around south India....enjoying the local cuisine, relaxing on Kerala's backwaters in a houseboat, getting Ayurvedic massages and just soaking up what the south has to offer.

I'll be leaving Mumbai for the U.S. on the 20th and will be back in Providence on the 21st. During my time in south India, I doubt I'll find the time or place to upload pictures or even blog of my experiences. But once I get back, hopefully I'll find the time to do so :)

See everyone when I get back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've LOVED your blog!!! Can't wait to see you at Christmas. Have a lovely trip and a safe trip home!

The lawyer

Anonymous said...

that's so good to hear! i'm excited for your trip to southern india and i hope you guys have lots of fun and just take in the moment. and itll be good to be in the better sections of the country! dont get too overwhelmed when you come back to the US! but just think, roughly 39 days after you come home, obama will have his inauguration & will finally become president of the UNITED states of AMERICA! :) so you just called and yeah please just stay safe! i know you wont read this until you come back but its all good. oh and maybe your coming home will give us some snow [just make sure your on god's good side] cause since yesterday we've had pouring rain and it doesnt make it feel like christmas. ok so now i have a biology lab to do and other homework so im gonna go but i was gonna say also that i think we should break out our web cams when you come home :) love you xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxo
p.s. this means that i'm going to see you alive in one piece safe in the USA so it better be true and dont worry, i'm keeping your other family safe [jess, ashley, hershey, and peanut of course] :)